AGCO’s Grain and Protein brands help our customers nourish an exploding population, respond to increased demand for high-quality protein and preserve more of what’s produced. We’re currently seeking a Product Manager to join our Hybrid Remote Product Management Team in Taylorville, IL, USA.
The incumbent will share in the ownership of the Swine Product Line including the maintenance, evolution, and rationalization of existing products and the development of new products and services to keep AP & Cumberland at the forefront of swine production equipment. The position will interact with and support of the GSI operations, engineering, purchasing, marketing, sales, and finance teams, our dealers, and the end customers to ensure the quality, profitability, availability, and performance of AP & Cumberland products.
What You Will Do:
• Facilitate the identification of industry trends and challenges and position brands to capitalize on opportunities.
• Coordinate current and emerging product road maps and ensure requirements align through product rationalization and refinement.
• Grow and maintain relationships with suppliers of products marketed by Cumberland and AP.
• Guide New Product Development (NPD) through gaps and opportunities analysis, business cases to ensure the proper investment of resources and align voice-of-customer plans to create specifications and requirements for NPD projects to ensure the suitability of products to meet market demand.
• Create product pricing models utilizing gross margin and competitive analysis to maximize volume and profitability.
• Promote efforts to increase margin through product design, manufacturing methods, and supplier strategies.
• Contribute to strategic Sales, Inventory, and Operations decisions by providing input regarding market outlooks, inventory levels, manufacturing locations, outsourcing, etc.
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or other relevant degree
• 5 plus years Product Management experience
• Experience developing tactical and strategic plans
• Experience working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience developing and managing budgets, forecasts, margin analyses and income statements.
A Plus If You Have:
• 5 years’ experience in the Poultry or Swine Industry
• Industry relationships and contacts
• Experience as a Product Manager of at least a $20MM product line
• New Product Development Experience
•Frequent travel to production sites, dealerships and tradeshows.
•Estimated at 5-10 nights per month
What We Offer:
GLOBAL DIVERSITY – Diversity means many things to us, different brands, cultures, nationalities, genders, generations – even variety in our roles. You make us unique!
ENTERPRISING SPIRIT- Every role adds value. We’re committed to helping you develop and grow to realize your potential.
POSITIVE IMPACT – Make it personal and help us feed the world.
INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES – You can combine your love for technology with manufacturing excellence – and work alongside teams of people around the world who share your enthusiasm.
AGCO Grain & Protein is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.