Req Id: 303511
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Mobility team offers the best and latest mobile devices, wireless services and Internet of Things solutions to consumer and business customers, with the top speeds, coverage and reliability on Canada’s Best National Network. We love to innovate, embrace big challenges, and live for the newest technology
At Bell, we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate. We build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content. 5G is an evolutionary change that requires product leadership to chart the course to ensure Bell realizes the promise of this new era for our customers. If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values diversity, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is focused on 5G innovation and market differentiation in consumer and media services. If you thrive in working in a fast-paced culture and excel in leading teams from ambiguity to clear project execution, the consumer and media product team will give you the opportunity you seek in this emerging space.
This is a challenging position for a customer-focused product manager with a proven track record of successfully building and delivering consumer and media products. As part of the Bell Mobility Products team, you will work closely with various Bell business units to capitalize on Bell Media assets to build a robust 5G consumer and media product portfolio particularly as Bell is aggressively investing in its largest capital acceleration project in our company’s 141 year history.
As part of the products and services team, you will work with various Bell business units and partners to develop and launch new 5G consumer and media services. As a Product Manager, you will champion the product development life cycle while collaborating with other high-performance professionals across business units. Reporting to Senior Manager, the Product Manager will develop innovative and differentiated 5G products and services, interfacing with stakeholders and managing and supporting the product portfolio including budget, revenue, and costs.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Lead 5G consumer and media product development including developing product requirements, concept design and architecture development of new services across multiple business units.
- Preparing business case justification for new product investments; support through all stages of ideation, funding, design and execution.
- Identify launch strategies and post-launch support, reporting and analytics with the customer experience being paramount.
- Engage and influence cross-functional product teams to deliver complex customer-focused services with the desired deployment schedules.
- Manage development and product releases with internal cross functional groups (i.e. IT, network technology, billing, customer care, and marketing).
- Define take-to-market activities (Customer support, client care, testing, and operating plan) and post launch management.
- Track and analyze performance of solutions through the various stages of the product lifecycle to help identify opportunities or areas of improvement.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly OKR reports to monitor product life cycle. Develop models and scenarios to forecast business case scenarios and identify analytical insights that drive revenue.
- Assesses market competition and make recommendations based on market research data and competitive intelligence.
- Develop and determines new business models and operating plans with product and technology evolution.
- Manage partner relationships including contract negotiations, validating technologies and managing roadmaps.
- Minimum 4-6 years of practical end to end experience in product management and business development for consumer and media products.
- Strong track record of influencing and engaging teams to execute in ‘first-of-a-kind’ business conditions.
- Able to perform in a fast paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities; proactive, punctual and self-managed.
- Experience with 5G technology and experience of 5G consumer services use cases (AR, VR, Immersive Entertainment, and Multi-Media).
- Technically inclined with an interest and ability to understand how to leverage technology to solve real-customer problems.
- Working knowledge of 5G and Multi-Edge-Compute (MEC) is an asset.
- Ability to create and document product scope/requirements, roadmap/vision, project schedules/milestones, and operation workflow
- Detail oriented with an ability to analyze complex and ambiguous information to provide insights and solutions by using multiple source data and frameworks
- Persuasive presentation skills with the ability to evangelize and secure executive support for new product value propositions by using various frameworks and analytical tools
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving and skilled in communicating new business models with stakeholders in ambiguous and entrepreneurial business conditions.
- Motivated and comfortable leading others during workshops and other cross-functional processes. Strong command in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other digital virtual communication platforms (i.e. Jira, Miro, Slack, etc.)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Application Deadline: 09/20/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.