Requisition Number: 46451
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Scope of Position:
We are looking for a driven, creative, and resourceful professional to join the Bioprocess Business Operations team. As a Product Line Manager (PLM), you will directly manage key product lines within our adherent and suspension cell culture portfolios. You will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing product specifications & literature, designing promotion programs and track effectiveness, evaluating product pricing, driving cost reduction activities, forecasting, financial performance tracking and business modeling. As a key member of the Business Technology team, you will also be responsible for evaluating new technologies, strategic investments, and market dynamics on behalf of the bioprocess business. We look for you to have or build a strong understanding of the sales process from initial customer contact through successful use of Corning products in the Bioprocess workflow, be able to facilitate communication between the strategy team, sales team, development team, and customers to develop relationships, and provide customer support for raised issues through an understanding of basic order and complaint processes.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Sales facilitation and enablement.
- Open order tracking.
- Financial analysis and business modeling.
- Facilitate the development and deployment of marketing communication plans to include scientific conferences and exhibitions, e-marketing, promotions, application notes and sales literature.
- New product request execution.
- Multi-functional communication with internal manufacturing, quality, customer service and supply chain teams to facilitate rapid support of customer issues.
- Facilitate communication between sales, research and technical support teams on new product launches.
- Pricing management.
- Up to 25% domestic and possibly international.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Life Science related field.
- Prefer Masters level degree in Life Sciences or Business Administration.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Minimum of 5+ year business experience including product management, marketing, and/or sales.
- Prefer experience within the life science or pharmaceutical industry.
- Science or Engineering technical background.
- Knowledge of marketing tools and techniques.
- Interest in financial analysis and opportunity assessment.
- Experience in cell culture technology.
- Knowledge or experience with the bioprocess market.
- Product development experience, through the launching of new products.
- Familiarity with product documentation systems (i.e EtQ).
- Strong software skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Salesforce.com.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and tried presentation abilities.
- Strong customer focus.
- You should be organized and have an ability to handle and prioritize different projects.
- Good team skills and able to work in a dynamic multi-functional environment.
- Ability to translate information between departments to the customer.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and make decisions with minimal information.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.