With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2019. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Job Title: Product Engineer, Widia Shinki
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Develop and maintain manufacturing grinding processes and programs, provide product maintenance and support for round tools following guidance of global product engineering team.
- Develop and implement manufacturing processes and grinding programs in support of introduction of new products and cost reduction initiatives.
- Provide technical support and create documentation for related product families including materials, BOMs, classification, CAD documents, change management, following company’s procedures and guidelines.
- Review technical specifications of products and provide support to manufacturing in achieving adequate quality.
- Lead and execute product transfers – identify, plan, and implement product transfers from/to other plants.
- Provide technical support to customers and sales engineers as it relates to usage and design of the tools. Visits customer’s site to conduct trouble shooting when required.
- Communicate with suppliers and Sourcing department when necessary.
Knowledge And Experience:
- Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering or equivalent (Industrial Engineering, Technology)
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese (written and spoken)
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience in metalworking industry (especially in cutting tools and/or CNC metalworking machines and/or CAD/CAM software), SAP.
- Proactive, aggressive, well-organized, and perseverant. Capable of working independently or under minimum supervision.
- Experience in working in fast moving, technical business environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Kennametal is an Equal Opportunity Employer