Auto req ID: 1061
Title: Product Development Purchasing Analyst
Job Function: Materials and Procurement
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
We are paving more roads to Harley-Davidson by developing exhilarating new products, creating broader access to our iconic brand, and building a stronger dealer network. We can’t do it without the best and brightest. Step one of this strategic acceleration is adding talent who can blow the doors wide open with innovation and creativity while staying true to the Harley-Davidson brand and legacy. We are focused on the next 115 years. Are you in?
The Harley-Davidson Motor Company Product Development Center (PDC) located in Wauwatosa, WI is home to the mantra – You dream it. We build it. Join our team as a Product Development Purchasing Analyst.
This position is responsible for supporting product development as it relates to purchasing activity for systems and components ranging from concept and process selection, cost modeling, and project management. This position takes a lead part in component development activity related to new product launches, builds, and purchasing processes. Ability to analyze and manage components through process and product verification, validation, and product launch. Responsible for multiple component cost, quality, and timing requirements per business case commitments.
- Demonstrates working knowledge and experience in working with suppliers and engagement in the product development process. Ability to drive results with a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Impacts quality of their own work through assessing risk and proactively mitigate, manage, and escalate appropriately as well as the work of others on their team.
- Solves supplier management problems by analyzing possible solutions using technical experience, judgment with a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Provides informal guidance to new Product Development Purchasing team members and impacts the work of others within the group.
- Effectively communicate complex information involving Project teams, engineering system groups, suppliers, parts and accessories, and Harley-Davidson operations purchasing personnel.
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of production or procurement of components and subsystems, Capability Studies, Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEAs), Control Plans, just-in-time (JIT) manufacturing, cost management tools, other quality and continuous improvement tools, and implementing strategic purchasing relationships with suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a group and/or team and provide guidance to new team members.
- Proven track record of program management.
- Experience in knowledge of concurrent product and process development techniques and supply chain and ability to communicate effectively to stakeholders.
- Travel required up to 15%.
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Motorcycle riding experience and knowledge in Harley-Davidson motorcycles and accessories.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We believe that employees do their best work when they are free to be themselves. This means our dress code is relaxed, and all types of work styles are welcomed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: Yes
Travel Required: 0 – 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is eligible for domestic relocation assistance (within posted country)