Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 44883
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This job is a member of the User Experience (UX) and Digital Customer Experience team within Information Technology Division.
- Work across UX disciplines to take large, complex applications and transform them into simple, intuitive experiences. Conceptualizes, prototypes, presents and delivers a variety of UX deliverables (personas, flows, research plans, test scripts, low and hi-fidelity mockups).
What you’ll do
- Works with a cross-functional team using agile methodology to define user stories and UX deliverables
- Influence’s design and product owner decisions based on UX best practices, design principles and research
- Collaborates with developers to find the most effective, expedient and efficient way to implement solutions
- Collects, analyzes, presents and actions feedback and manage changes to deliverables
- Presents work in a clear and compelling manner to stakeholders (be able to explain design recommendations by citing best practices, research data or business requirements)
- Designs the visual style, interface and interaction flow of applications and experiences
- Develops conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups and prototypes
- Develops and maintains detailed specifications and design patterns
- Gathers and translates rules and assets into UX systems, programs and enterprise solutions
- Prepares, manages, updates and distributes UX documentation (navigational flows, wire frames, mock-ups, use cases, task flows prototypes, content, system errors, etc.)
- Advocates for the user and collaborate with business owners to develop features and flows that align with the user’s needs
- Creates research strategies based on project KPIs and develop usability test plans, scripts and scenarios for prototypes. Regularly formulate and test hypotheses during design iterations
- Uses research techniques (heuristic reviews, user interviews, remote unmoderated and in-person testing) to determine ease-of-use and comprehension of designs and ideas
- Designs, recruits / schedules and moderate’s usability studies and user interviews
- Provides timely status reporting (including work left to do, issues, risks) on all projects
- Manages all communications necessary to get the project done including negotiating with key stakeholders
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Visual Design, Library Sciences or other related discipline, or equivalent experience or training
- 2 years of experience as a UX practitioner with a background in user experience design, interaction design or similar
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Visual Design, Library Sciences or other related discipline, or equivalent experience or training
- 3+ years of experience as a UX practitioner with a background in user experience design, interaction design or similar
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
Strong skills in modern design and prototyping tools (Axure, Sketch, Zeplin, Flinto, Adobe CC, Figma)
Experience working closely with developers from inception through implementation in an agile environment
Advanced analytical skills dealing with complex data problems and implementing sustainable solutions
Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles, geographical and time zone boundaries
Knowledge and proficiency using remote unmoderated testing tools and moderated testing devices and platforms
In-depth understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methods
Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and a solid grasp of trends in web and app design
Strong organizational skills and the ability to label, classify and intelligently build flows and wireframes for complex computer applications are a plus
Experience rapidly iterating designs to conduct user testing and to deliver to development teams
Experience in responsive, adaptive and accessible designs
Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and communicate effectively with non-technical users
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 44883