Requisition Number: 46452
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Scope of Position:
We are looking for a driven, creative, and resourceful professional to join the Bioprocess Business Operations team. As a Product Analyst, you will be responsible for understanding our current manufacturing capacity, supply chain, and financial position within Corning Life Sciences. You will also be responsible for maintaining and updating regular order status and financial reports, evaluating and adjusting product pricing, building our product forecasts, collecting customer feedback, and maintaining our business cost models. As a key member of the Business Expansion Team in Bioprocess, you will also be responsible for supporting manufacturing capacity investments and key strategic programs within the business. We look for you to have or build a strong understanding of the sales process from initial customer contact through successful use of Corning products in the Bioprocess workflow and to be able to facilitate communication between the product line managers, manufacturing, and supply chain.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Capacity and supply chain analysis
- Open order tracking
- Product forecasting
- Financial analysis and business modeling
- Multi-functional communication with internal manufacturing, quality, customer service and supply chain teams to facilitate rapid support of customer issues.
- Pricing management
- Up to 5 – 10%, domestic and possibly some international travel.
HOURS OF WORK/WORK SCHEDULE/FLEX-TIME:
- Monday- Friday, standard business hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Data Science, or Business Analytics or similar degree programs.
REQUIRED YEARS AND AREA OF EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 1+ years of data analysis and data analytics experience.
- Data, engineering, or analytical background.
- Microsoft Excel or other database experience
- Willingness/ability to learn new systems (SAP, PowerBI, Salesforce.com, or other)
- Interest in financial analysis or business modeling.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- Experience or knowledge of the Life Science market, products, technology, and/or customers.
- Familiar with product launch process.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, and tried presentation abilities.
- Organized and with an ability to handle and prioritize different projects.
- Good team skills and able to work in a dynamic multi-functional environment.
- Ability to translate information between departments to the customer.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and make decisions with minimal information.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.