Company Name: Roundy’s
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reduce quality-related losses on inbound shipments of produce products to contribute net profit return to the company. Assure all incoming products conform to written and approved quality specifications. Consult with Produce Merchandising, Produce Buyer, Floral Merchandiser, and Floral Buyer on inventory levels, shelf life, shrinkage and other quality related areas. Identify and correct problem areas in the distribution center that affect produce quality, such as plant temperatures, methods of loading, product rotation, etc. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the execution of receiving inspections in the produce warehouse.
- Work with Produce Merchandising, Floral Merchandising and Produce Procurement teams to enforce quality specifications covering all incoming products.
- Insure that the produce or floral merchandiser is involved in the disposal of suspect product and that they are made aware of the problem areas having an adverse affect on quality.
- Provide the Produce Procurement department with information related to quality levels of incoming products.
- Document and communicate pertinent data related to product quality levels on a timely basis to the Produce Merchandising and Produce Procurement departments.
- Organize and maintain an accurate, up-to-date record keeping system.
- Insure weight control by performing product weight checks.
- Provide the Accounting department with information concerning bill backs to insure that proper deductions are made when appropriate.
- Maintain a system of controls for proper receiving practices, labeling, sanitation, temperature control, bacterial levels and other related concerns to protect both company and consumer, insure maximum food safety and insure compliance to federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Conduct both day and night operations to insure that predetermined quality levels and procedures are maintained through the total distribution function.
- Provide surveillance information to Produce Merchandising and Floral Merchandising departments to insure that proper rotation is being maintained.
- Monitor the accuracy of quality-related distribution center equipment, including scales and thermometers.
- Be aware of proper handling procedures for various products to insure maximum shelf life.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to take on tasks outside of expertise
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to achieve objectives through others
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- Store Management
- Retail Produce Department Manager
Education Level: Bachelor’s Desired
Required Travel: Up to 100%
Required Certifications/Licenses: Driver’s License
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Roundy’s: At Roundy’s, our values are rooted in the Midwest –we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It’s these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you’ll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI || Milwaukee || 875 E Wisconsin Ave || 53202 || Roundy’s || None || Merchandising; Produce/Floral || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || Driver’s License