Dorman Products is looking for a Procurement Specialist / Buyer to join our team in our Lewisberry, PA location. The ideal candidate will be responsible for purchasing and managing raw material inventory for designated production areas. This is a great opportunity for a recent college graduate who is forward thinking and knows how to get things done!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor changes to demand schedule and make appropriate purchasing decisions for raw material
- Understand and facilitate replenishment decisions for complex buyer lines
- Schedule and monitor the movement of materials through the supply chain
- Review past due, expediting, and confirmed order reports to identify and resolve supply issues
- Work with vendors: solicit quotes, negotiate pricing, credit terms and stocking programs
- Assist in deploying strategies/systems to ensure raw material inventory is within acceptable ranges
- Collaborate extensively with intradepartmental and cross-functional teams.
- Facilitate and ensure continuous replenishment programs (CRP) are meeting goals. Recommend CRP changes to the Supply Chain Manager
- Assist with reviewing receiving, invoicing, and inventory discrepancies
- Generate purchase orders and vendor contracts
- Create, run and analyze reports associated with materials department
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent organizational skills and an exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with AS400 based MRP/ERP systems preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel and Access
- Ability to work well within a team environment
Dorman Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer; we value a combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
Candidates must pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.