Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lead procurement activities across the APAC region by partnering with stakeholders across the globe and execute APAC-specific procurement strategies and provide regional focus to Global-led initiatives.
The Main Responsibilities
- Manage and develop complex supplier agreements and relationships across categories focusing on key strategic suppliers to understand performance and drive further improvements both commercially and operationally.
- Negotiate or renegotiate new and existing agreements or statements of work
- Identify and deliver cost reduction, cost avoidance and supplier rationalization programs
- Work closely with internal stakeholders across the globe
- Initiate and lead RFIs or RFPs and use other buying tools. Prepare scope documents, communication plans, and contract awards.
- Prepare and present business cases to stakeholders and senior management.
- Become a subject matter expert on sub-category specific industry and competitive trends and provide focus on supplier initiatives.
- Support cost savings and supplier performance measurements and reporting requirements.
What We Look For in a Candidate
Procurement experience, ideally within specifically in a telecom, technology, network equipment or IT industry is essential.
Significant experience access multiple categories and markets is essential. The role is broad and encompasses the majority of spend in region, so someone with significant breadth of experience, or a keen interest to learn would be ideal.
Strong contract negotiation experience is required.
Experience partnering with finance to support budget management.
Previous demonstrable experience of delivering tangible business benefits, including cost savings, is essential.
The successful candidate will be proficient in using standard software. Experience in SAP and Ariba would be highly advantageous.
You will need to be self-motivated and able to manage competing priorities.
Experience within a similar global organization would be a bonus but is not essential.
Innovate thinking, but rigorous and disciplined adherence to all required policies and standards.
Requisition #: 256741
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.