As member of the Global Performance Liquids Technology team, the Improve Engineer is dedicated to providing Higher Olefins Technology support for the Manufacturing plants in the Americas Region: Baton Rouge (Louisiana, US) and Sarnia (Ontario, Canada). The role comprises interfacing with Manufacturing, Business, Quality and Process Monitoring teams as well as collaborating with Performance Liquids peers in the areas of Process Improve, Process Development, Product Development and Customer Application Development.
• Provide Higher Olefins Technology expertise and support to Baton Rouge and Sarnia Manufacturing plants to ensure world class performance in process safety, plant reliability and profitability
• Identify and develop medium to high complexity plant or cross-functional business opportunities for new Technologies with significant financial impact
• Lead development and deployment of Technology programs, studies and projects together with Process Development, our Research & Engineering departments or 3rd party vendors
• Support commissioning and start-up of newly implemented technologies
• Resolve Plant problems with major Technology components and assist in Plant Technical trend monitoring in key performance metrics
• Primary contact for Management of Change requests with a Process Technology component and document Technology Basis Memoranda for Technology changes
• Support earnings improve programs including Plant performance gap analysis and gap closure vs best available technologies; develop and implement Technology best practices
• Participate in Global Technology Network meetings as Regional Technology representative and lead Higher Olefins sub-networks with other manufacturing sites across the globe
• Mentor engineers within various Technical and Technology departments
• BSc Degree in Chemical Engineering with five years of industrial experience, preferably in the field of fixed bed reactors; or
• MSc/PhD Degree in Chemical Engineering with ardent desire to grow in the field of fixed bed reactors, preferably with relevant industrial experience
• Interest in living in Baton Rouge area for a longer term
• Acquired competencies in Process Technology on Fixed Bed reactors; Distillation/Separations; Problem Solving; Process Monitoring and Optimization, Start-up Support and experience with catalyst research and development are an advantage
• Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills are required. Collaboration, initiative, ethics and safety awareness are key personal values
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.