Requisition ID: 240699
Requisition Posting End Date: 10/26/2021
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values –ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants –integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Career growth opportunities for a process safety engineer with relevant work experience, seeking a technical challenge in a fast-paced environment executing the design of a range of facilities including, refining, petrochemical, energy transition and gas processing projects.
- Executes process safety engineering major deliverables according to a set engineering design criteria utilizing approved engineering procedures and practices.
- Takes the initiative to coordinate the design development of a system/project with other engineering disciplines while managing workload and meeting schedule due dates.
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Performs work using Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs) and appropriate 2-D and 3-D computer aided design (CAD) tools.
- Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment.
- Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
- Prepares letters to vendors and clients.
- Reviews bid analyses and makes recommendation.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
Specific responsibilities include:
Managing HAZID, HAZOP, SIL assessment, RAM, hazardous area classification, firewater systems, fire and gas detection and consequence analysis/QRA, support to Safety Report is essential.
You will be involved in HAZID reviews, be able to perform some consequence analysis, develop Performance Standards for Safety Critical Systems, maintain a Hazard and Risk Register, review studies performed by third party contractors: Fire & Explosion Analysis, Quantitative Risk Assessment, Facility Siting Study, Emergency System Survivability Analysis, Escalation Risk Assessment, SIMOPS Risk Assessments and any other activity in support of the Safety Report for a Major Hazard Facility.
- A recognized bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering or a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Chartered engineer or willingness to complete
- Specialist knowledge in one of the above areas and/or significant operational plant experience in Process Safety or Loss Prevention.
- Knowledge of technical theory, engineering principles, good engineering practices and how to apply them for design execution
- Familiarity with major regulations and industry codes and standards affecting standard design, quality, or processes (US and European safety regulations and requirements especially NFPA, API, IP, and IEC)
- Previous FEED/EPC experience on Oil & Gas Processing / Refinery or Petrochemical projects would be beneficial.
- Operational plant experience in Process Safety Management would be a distinct advantage.
- HAZID/ENVID and/or HAZOP participation experience is preferred.
Relevant industry experience in multiple types of facilities desired such as:
- Gas Processing
- Energy Transition (hydrogen production, CCS etc)
What we offer
At Bechtel we offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity for flexible working to achieve greater work-life balance. Employee wellbeing is at the centre of our business and Bechtel is committed to offering you the benefits and resources to live healthy lives. We can offer:
• Flexible Working
• Private Medical Coverage
• Life Insurance Program
• Pension Scheme
• Employee Assistance Program
• Long Term Disability Scheme
Bechtel’s Vision, Values and Covenants commit us to the ideals of fairness, diversity, inclusion, trust, and collaboration, among others. These values help define our culture, our way of doing business, and the positive impact we aspire to make in the world through our people and projects. At our project sites and offices, we have many colleagues from different nationalities, religions, and backgrounds working together to accomplish amazing things.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.