What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Responsible for successfully establishing an operating environment that embraces the continuous improvement process. The PIM is also responsible for leading the facility efforts in quality and safety functions, through management of all quality systems, and facilitation of the plant safety committee and initiatives.
- Work with supervisors and operating teams to understand and improve manufacturing and quality systems, while emphasizing use of manufacturing reliability tools to accomplish operating objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all company safety policies and procedures and continue to develop and improve safety systems to include ownership, communication, training, recognition, safety audits and behavioral based safety practices.
- Provide EHS support through responsibilities such as leading plant safety team, safety audits, incident investigations, and understanding of OHSA/EPA regulations; facilitate safety orientation for new hires.
- Manage internal auditing processes.
- Monitor Tracking Incidents and Credits System status and reporting.
- Actively participate in the New Item process, as well as Customer audits and communication.
- Maintain knowledge of customer specific quality testing, expectations, and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years’ experience manufacturing experience; preferably in a corrugated or converting environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing, implementing and managing high performance work systems and teams
- Knowledge of and compliance with local and corporate policies
- Process Management
- Drive for Results
- Building Effective Teams
- Command Skills
- Customer Focus
- Managing through Systems
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.