What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
This position reports to the Manager of Process Control and is responsible for the analysis, planning and control of the following:
- Manage contract for QCS technical service provider; analyze weight, caliper and moisture profiles and act as technical liaison between paper production and QCS service provider.
- The design and implementation of process control schemes to support existing processes which include process efficiency improvements, optimization, process variability reduction, compliance with environmental and safety requirements and equipment/process reliability.
- Specify control hardware and design control schemes for new process automation projects.
- Key customers include plant operators and supervisors, technical and business groups, and maintenance personnel.
- Train operators and maintenance personnel on new control functions.
- Assist technical groups with process improvement activities.
- Assist in process/maintenance troubleshooting activities and RCFA investigations.
- Responsible for business continuity of process control systems through documentation, training and management-of-change process.
- Share the responsibility for providing weekend and off-hour support for all Process Control mill needs.
- Sharing “Best Practices”.
Qualified candidates must have experience with instrumentation, motor control, regulatory control loop tuning and Papermaking Quality Control Systems. Experience with loop performance evaluation tools and process data historians (i.e. Entech, PI) is a plus; Experience in the coordination and implementation of DCS/QCS upgrades and/or new installation/startup is required; Proficiency in the hardware and system configuration of the Honeywell TDC, Experion and/or ABB 800xA systems is preferred; and familiarity and experience in control strategies related to Recovery and Power Boilers, Pulping and Chemical Recovery and/or Paper production processes is a plus.
B.S. degree in Engineering or related field and minimum 3 years of experience in Process Control Engineering.
Must have strong communication skills.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.