Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan – Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan’s 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
Process associate will lead efforts to improve business partner and IT operations digital experience, innovation and optimize processes governed by ITSM (i.e. Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Environment, and Configuration Management), achieve business breakthrough goals, and ensure compliancy of SOX and other IT general controls. Perform operational execution and oversight of IT Incident & Problem management processes. Maintain process integrity in accordance with ITIL v4 best practices and process policies. Collaborates across CX&T, IS, and business partner teams to ensure processes are simple as possible. Facilitate incident and problem management working sessions to increase IT system stability, availability, and service quality. Overall, the objective is to provide a high level of service through increased adaption of robotic process automation (RPA) and artificial intelligence (AI).
Responsibilities include the following:
- Effective, directed and consistent communication across multiple channels and medias
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of communications
- Facilitate Major Incident Review and Problem Review Board (PRB)meetings
- Develops and maintain a consistent PRB schedule
- Develop and maintain KPI’s that measures performance and business breakthrough goals
- Perform ongoing analyses of processes related to effectiveness, value, and effort required
- Define innovative ways in adding efficiency, reducing waste, and saving cost
- Maintain operational compliance in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and ITIL base process policies
- Collects feedback on in scope processes from process owners and process users, acts as custodian for process changes and recommends changes to CX&T process
- Assists in the development of training materials that delivers an effective adoption rate of process adherence
- Ensures that service management tool supported enhancements are tested, compliant, and communicated prior to production release
- Ensures that all process improvements are scheduled and released into production in a manner that presents little or no disruption to our core business processes
- Demonstrate ability to contribute and interpret ITSM Policies and Procedures through continual process improvement exercises
- Lead the development and maintenance of Incident and Problem processes, policies, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Maintain effective documentation and controls for policies, procedures, scripts and governance documents relative to Release, Test, Change or its interface with ITSM processes.
- Interfaces with Service Management team members and other CX&T and IS teams; and project leaders
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field is required; Graduate degree in computer science, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in core ITIL base process management i.e. Incident, Problem, Change, Request, and Event Management preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years of cross-functional IT operations experience
- 2 + years of experience in core ITIL base process management i.e. Incident, Problem, Change, Request, and Event Management
- ITIL v3 or v4 certification or extensive ITIL experience or other equivalent methodology
- Demonstrated knowledge of ITIL Service Support and Delivery processes
- Demonstrated Knowledge and experience with ITIL Service Management Lifecycle framework and processes
- Sarbanes Oxley knowledge
- Knowledge and use of effective root cause analysis methods i.e. 5 Whys, Fishbone, Kepner Tregoe
- Diplomatic and customer service focused; ability to manage key stakeholders in a positive, poised and effective manner
- Proven experience effectively communicating technical issues/challenges to non-technical people
- Ability to focus on issues from both a high and detailed level
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be self-motivated, must have an ability to work well in a geographically dispersed, virtual team environment, and must exhibit a positive and professional attitude
- Must be able to occasionally work off hours, and collaboration with global and regional teams
- Excellent analytical and trend analysis skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Is resourceful and able to utilize all tools, expertise and knowledge bases to investigate and resolve problems.
Works closely with department managers and users to define and analyze business and operational problems, process improvement opportunities and requirements; analyzes operational and business mandates and legal requirements; identifies and analyzes complex, ambiguous and/or conflicting business process issues; advises department managers on applications development, enhancement and maintenance issues; explains technology and process options and assists managers in analysis and decision making; analyzes management information needs and recommends data and reporting processes; coordinates the development of department priorities and works within IT to align initiatives to these priorities; facilitates user meetings and joint development sessions. Develops and refines business models and relationship diagrams; evaluates methods of improving efficiency and cost effectiveness of business, technical and operational processes; works with users to reengineer work processes; analyzes functional business requirements and translates user expectations into detailed business requirements, specifications and success criteria; works with Information Systems to develop conceptual proposals for business process automation initiatives; recommends work process and/or operational changes to complement system functionalities; serves as an advocate for department needs with IT; stays abreast of developments in departmental processes to anticipate emerging technology needs. Participates in the development of statements of work for RFPs/RFIs; participates in evaluating vendor applications and solutions; coordinates department review of vendor deliverables for accuracy and completeness, ensuring that department needs and requirements have been met. Develops significant application/hardware solutions to problems and addresses change request issues that require assignment of resources. Analyzes and troubleshoots complex and sometimes urgent applications problems and errors; takes action or communicates solutions to problems; answers technical questions and provides guidance to users on system functionalities and methods for correcting problems. Develops training materials and handouts; conducts user applications training classes and one-on-one training sessions; develops and maintains user and system documentation. Designs and generates custom reports to meet user needs; uses reporting tools to extract user-required data. Plans and coordinates the deployment of new technologies for client solutions; coordinates user acceptance testing and the resolution of problems identified. Regular attendance is expected.