Requisition Number: 46314
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Scope of Position:
In this role, you will be responsible for performing non-routine and complex assignments involved in the conception and execution of process engineering related projects. We look for you to advise on such matters as equipment selection, processing parameters, process flow, and manufacturing procedures/materials.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Work closely with supervisors, process engineers, and operating personnel to stay ahead of current problems and take corrective action
- Perform or assist in performing the evaluation of equipment and/or raw materials. Determines test requirements, conduct trials, records and analyzes data and prepares reports on findings and recommendations
- Prepare, operate and troubleshoot processing equipment and perform maintenance activities on equipment and calibrate where appropriate. Practice and assist in development and introduction of new process technologies.
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback to engineers on process enhancements and developments
- Assist with moves, rearrangements, and installation of equipment. Interface with plant and R&D personnel at appropriate times. Write AR's and PO's as required for supplies and equipment for development.
- Be available for emergency problems as required
- Maintenance of machine and support facilities to ensure system operational integrity
- Component, Tooling and Machine set-up to required specifications
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings to achieved desired outcome in machining
- Using Math, Geometry, Trigonometry and basic Physics to formulate machining processes
- Inspection of resultant tooling to show conformance to specifications
- Maintain cause and effect awareness of machining runs for process improvement and failure analysis
- Offer analysis of operations to improve cost, quality and delivery and to assist in post-production troubleshooting.
- Work with vendors on machine/equipment/tooling designs to meet equipment specifications, to determine feasibility, project scope, costs, and timelines.
- Lead and participate in equipment design reviews, document changes and follow-up with vendors.
Projects involved with:
- Process and Equipment changes, Safety improvement, Lean manufacturing, Workforce development
Hours of work/work schedule/flextime:
- Standard business hours, Mon-Fri with occasional off hour/weekend coverage.
- Associate’s degree in an accredited Engineering or Technical discipline.
- Minimum of 2+ years of hands on experience in process/automation equipment.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Solidworks/Auto Desk Inventor
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Words/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn new technology and processes quickly.
- Ability to work effectively on all levels of an organization.
- Knowledge of plastic molding and tooling technologies.
- General understanding of medical/pharmaceutical regulations.
- Flexibility to multitask and prioritize work on an independent basis in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Excellent cross functional communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Flexibility to work within a dynamic team and provide training to others.
- Able to collaborate across organizational boundaries and integrate solutions.
- Passionate about manufacturing.
- Good verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills – engaging, enabling, open.
- Ability to effectively managing multiple priorities.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.