Position: Privacy Compliance Consultant
Job Location: New York, NY / Cary, NC / EMEA
Corporate Ethics and Compliance (CEC) delivers a compliance risk framework that enables the businesses and functions to comply with applicable internal and external rules and regulations and maintain risk levels within MetLife’s risk appetite. CEC provides constructive challenge to the businesses and functions, partnering closely to implement strong processes and effective controls, as well as to foster and embed a culture of compliance.
Within CEC, the MetLife Corporate Privacy Office (MCPO) is a central oversight team responsible for the design, maintenance, and oversight of the global privacy compliance program for MetLife.
Role Value Proposition:
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders, including maintaining stakeholder cooperation and support for team activities, findings, remediation and outputs;
- Supporting global framework initiatives to develop and initiate core framework controls and supporting policy and procedure documentation;
- Leading, as required, and maintaining cross-functional working groups to coordinate data privacy efforts, including current projects and initiatives and regulatory awareness across the MetLife Enterprise in regions across the globe;
- Supporting the development and roll out of privacy training, communications and awareness campaigns (both mandatory and targeted training) across the enterprise to reinforce privacy policies, procedures, and practices;
- Work collaboratively with other control functions, including third-party risk management, to support the efficient, effective, and risk-based vetting and oversight of vendors and other third-parties with access to personal information entrusted to MetLife.
- Managing change projects, including changes in processes, policy or guidelines which require enterprise wide implementation.
- Participate in and advise on privacy and data protection issues and regional strategic initiatives.
- Performs other duties as required
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of Privacy rules and regulatory requirements
• 3-5+ years’ experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Privacy Certifications such as IAPP, CIPP, preferred not essential
• Strong professional judgement with focus on detail
• Expert oral and written communication
• Must be highly motivated, adaptable to change, and detail oriented
• Advanced analytical, problem solving, technical and functional expertise
• Ability to influence at various levels within the organization
• Strong ability to adapt communication styles appropriately for the program or audience
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world. Visit us at www.metlife.com to learn more about our brand, history, and values.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com or call our Employee Relations Department at 1-877-843-3711.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 118866