Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Applies software and automation based architectural principles, theories, concepts, and technologies to guide the solving of unusually complex problems and issues. The Hybrid Cloud organization builds robust and resilient auto-scaling platform solutions for hosting enterprise solutions. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving sophisticated challenges that span across multiple groups within Lumen, with specific emphasis on partnering and driving initiatives with DevOps groups. We have a substantial AWS, Azure, GCP, and private cloud presence of large-scale traditional & containerized systems. This is an incredible opportunity to utilize your existing cloud experience and drive the growth of the Lumen Hybrid Cloud offerings.
The Main Responsibilities
- Exercises considerable latitude in decision-making under limited consultative direction toward predetermined long-range targets.
- Analyzes complex systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting and implementing software-based solutions for infrastructure / site monitoring of availability, latency, performance telemetry; as well as solutions for capacity planning, change management, emergency response planning, and efficiency.
- Architect modern automation-based solutions to achieve high availability and performance to systems
- Supports acquisition and implementation of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services for new efforts.
- Regarded as subject matter expert in applied research, development, and design of new offerings.
- Acts as primary consultant to leadership detailing the technical requirements and specifications necessary to obtain solutions.
- May act as a technical project leader or provide work leadership to other employees. Requires limited direction and guidance with most tasks.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelors degree or equivalent education and experience. Typically with 12+ years related experience or 10+ years related experience with Masters degree
- 8 years experience with software engineering/development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Unix/Linux (shell), Windows Server and scripting
- Has experience evaluating, deploying, operating, and troubleshooting a variety of open-source tools
- Experience with SRE or DevOps engineering practices
- Experience operating, designing, and building large scale, production grade, systems
- Understands large scale private cloud/data center networking
- Experience leveraging Git based (GitHub) source control including feature branching strategies
- Automation: Ansible, Puppet, Salt, or Chef
- Orchestration: Morpheus, Anthos, Terraform
- Experience with Jira, Jenkins, GitHub, or similar development tools
- Experience with Kubernetes, Open Shift, VMware, Kafka, AI Ops, and Instrumentation technologies
Requisition #: 241957
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.