Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Principal Enterprise Technology Architect is Lumen’s premier customer-facing expert across network, security, and ITS infrasture, is fully capable of leveraging that expertise to create fully integrated broad and complex solutions to meet the most sophisticated customer requirements and is passionate about leveraging technology innovation for the betterment of humanity. This exciting customer-facing Principal Technology Architect role will work in partnership with our Sales, Solution Engineering & Customer Success Executives, guiding innovative conversations that help shape the growth of our enterprise customers as they embrace the 4th Industrial Revolution. The successful Principal Technology Architect must have a strong desire to leverage their technical and sales skills, including business acumen, to understand business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, and effectively present solutions that address our customers’ requirements and provide business value.
The Main Responsibilities
- Pre-sales role responsible for needs identification, qualification, and solutions design with certain products/applications.
- Possess knowledge of Enterprise Architecture and Design. Expert technical knowledge across multiple Lumen technology pillars (Global network infrastructure, edge cloud capabilities, connected security, communication, and collaboration services) and extensive knowledge of industry offerings and market trends.
- Communication: Ability to independently orchestrate & guide discussions with clients across many levels including C-level, VPs and Directors within IT as well as the customer’s most sophisticated technical experts. Advanced written and verbal communication skills. Clearly articulate technical solutions in writing, on the phone, using video, or in person. Proven track record of success attaining sales quota through leveraging technical relationships to up-sell existing customers and calling on new prospects to generate business within an assigned territory utilizing solution selling methodologies. Ability to guide discussions with internal stakeholders to construct Total Cost of Ownership & evaluate Return on Investments for large enterprise customers when identifying & crafting customer solutions. Independently drive solutions & outcomes with ecosystem including sales, customer success, product, engineering and operations.
- Expert problem-solving skills and ability to methodically understand and resolve complex issues across multiple products to integrate into a seamless customer solution. Must demonstrate the ability to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements. Must demonstrate creative solution development.
- Ability to work independently, part of a team or pull together and guide a team to build complex customer solutions. Must be able to build strong team relationships and easily transfer technical information. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be very detail oriented and demonstrate a high degree of accuracy. Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities. Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Must possess expert level communication skills capable of creating engaging proposals and presenting to customers at any level of expertise.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge and usage of computer business applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint required.
- Strong listening, reasoning and objection handling skills.
- Industry certification: in 2 or more specialized technologies.
- Desired Skills:
- Experience in solution consulting – ITIL.
- Experience in Cloud & Architecture design.
- Experience in Network Functions Virtualization.
- Experience in Security solutions.
- Work experience: Minimum 15 years of experience with pre-sales, operations, engineering and IT services industry.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, related fields or equivalent industry experience in the private sector or military
- Some travel required.
Requisition #: 246778
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.