Additional Work Location(s) :
A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
- We are seeking an TechnoManager to help create and implement our next generation Android automotive products.
- You will be responsible for sprint planning and execution, tracking the team and also resolving the technical dependencies and providing technical guidance for the team.
- You will need to work on creating a Host Emulation based on Automotive Android that will enable development and testing of Android automotive stack wihtout the need of H/W and Vehicle.
- 8-11 years of software development experience with core Android development for mobile or automotive.
- At least 6 year experience developing applicaitons and/or Framework components and/or Android systems and/or Android HAL on mobile devices/Automotive in Android.
- A passion for innovation, learning new technologies and concepts. We are looking for Engineers who are as excited about Automotive as we are.
- You must understand the unique nature of Automotive industry and why they are revolutionizing the way we stay connected and receive information.
- Experience leading a team of developers and preferably having worked with teams located in geographically separate locations.
- Strong expertize in programming languages Java, C++ & C.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in QEMU, Linux namespaces/Container, Android Emulator, (Good to have).
- TDD (Test Driven Development) knowledge is a plus.
- Experience of Remote tool kit, git, Gerrit, JIRA, Confluence, Agile methodologies. (Good to Have)
- Sprint planning and Execution for the Host Emulation project
- Provide Technical guidance and resolve technical depencencies for Host Emulation project
- Maximize the ouput of Host Emulation team for every PI/Sprint
- Should be capable of leading and mentoring developers in the team.
- Be up to date on latest Android features/concepts, automotive industry trends. Should be able to adapt quickly to new technologies.
- Do code reviews, design reviews and work allocation for the android team.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the engineering organization to influence overall system architecture and design.
- Work with the Product Manager and our architecture team to define the architecture/design and to ensure they are consistent with Android best practices and are reasonable to implement from a technical perspective.
- Be capable of developing using an agile methodology, providing daily reviews of code and builds.
- Think out of the box when it comes to defining unique ways users can use Host Emulattion for Android Automotive.
- Demonstrate experience owning a feature from requirements analysis through to general availability in market. Should be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and manage time effectively.
- Code Quality orientation, experience with unit, functional and automated regression testing
- Ability to solve the problem independently
BE, MCA, ME,
Leadership: Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
Change Orientation: Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
Collaboration: Connect, engage and communicate with others
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
Judgment: Make sound decisions
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions
Results-Driven: Deliver extraordinary results
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- Willingness to work in an office located in Bangalore, India.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)