Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
As a member of our Implantable Hardware Design Group in Arden Hills MN, you will be a key contributor on our Digital IC Design team where you will work on designing low power mixed signal ICs for use in implantable medical devices.
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Cardiac
Rhythm Management (CRM) we offer solutions for treating irregular heart rhythms, heart failure, and protecting against sudden cardiac arrest. Boston Scientific develops, manufactures, and markets a broad array of products and services that enable less-invasive care for some of the most threatening cardiac conditions.
- Perform or direct system level, chip level and block level IC design activities including: Digital architecture definition, RTL design, simulation, verification, timing closure, and physical implementation.
- Work with cross-functional teams such as Systems, Analog Design, Firmware, and Test Engineering to develop ASIC architecture and requirements (chip and block level).
- Plan, lead, and execute IC development activities to deliver high quality and on schedule tape outs.
- Prepare documentation, protocols, reports and conduct architecture/design reviews as necessary.
- Conduct IC design and verification activities using methods determined by approved procedures and standards.
- 10+ years as a Digital IC Designer with BSEE or greater.
- Broad experience across the ASIC digital design flow from architecture through tape out, with expertise to perform or lead others in the backend flow (synthesis through tape out).
- Solid understanding of low power design techniques, including clock and power gating.
- Proficiency with Cadence design tools (or equivalent).
- Self-starter with ability to plan, schedule and execute activities necessary to meet project timelines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in design for test, (ATPG, LBIST, MBIST).
- Experience with evaluating, selecting, integrating, and verifying IP blocks.
- Familiarity with UVM verification methodology.
- Medical device or other high reliability industry experience.
Quality System Requirements
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
Requisition ID: 495624
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.