Alvaria, Inc. f/k/a Aspect Software, Inc employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values Urgency, Accountability & Results. Our ability to think big has enabled us to continually evolve and lead the market, and to stay on the forefront with exciting technologies including cloud, mobile and artificial intelligence.
With coordination and direction from management, a Principal DevOps Engineer is a primary developer for automated deployment and configuration of a large, scalable, multi-tiered, enterprise-level workforce management application hosted in the cloud. While working in a nimble Agile scrum environment, you will be responsible for design, documentation, implementation, unit testing, and defect fixing of new and existing automation deployment software. You will also be responsible for handling critical customer problems in real-time and developing code fixes or enhancements to be included in future code releases. The job requires close interaction with Development, QA, Support, and Professional Services teams.
PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY
- Using the required programming languages and other technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of automated deployment and configuration software.
- Interact with internal cross-functional members to better understand system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities.
- Reviews and provides suggestion on roadmap direction.
- Completes documentation and procedures for deployment, configuration, installation and maintenance.
- Ensures products are up to date with 3rd party components that are in use.
- Proactively identify non-compliance of code against requirements/standards/design and raise defects.
- Work with members in the organization across various time zones.
- Able to switch between multiple tasks based on dynamic changing priorities
- Mentor junior members in the team
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 3+ years’ experience on the Windows platform, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong understanding of software analysis and design
- Experience with deployment scripting using Chef / Ruby / Ansible / Terraform
- Experience creating Jenkins jobs for product deployment
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience using, and deploying software to, cloud services like Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Experience with code versioning tools, such as TFS, Git
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio as the IDE
- Experience working in an Agile scrum development environment
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence)
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code and documentation
- Have a systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills, documentation skills, and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, containerization and orchestration technologies, such as Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with C# or C++
- Experience with .Net Core
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with contact center concepts or workforce management concepts
Alvaria, Inc. f/k/a Aspect Software, Inc is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.