Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
***This role has the opportunity to sit remote.
About this role:
The Principal Clinical Science Specialist will:
- Contribute to development of clinical strategy through scientific relationships with Health Care Providers (HCPs).
- Identify and develop scientific relationships with HCPs to enhance clinical initiatives, exchange complex medical and scientific information with the healthcare community
- Advise on matters based on feedback and insights from interactions and discussions with HCPs.
Your responsibilities include:
- Identify key opinion leaders (KOLs) in the industry, expert speakers, and well-known academics who can provide technical and clinical insight with real-world applications.
- Develop relationships with HCPs and field personnel through scheduled meetings and other interactions.
- Act as the internal/external interface for clinical activities, both BSN sponsored and investigator initiated.
- Engage identified HCPs and KOLs to exchange clinical, technical and comparative-effectiveness information, to explore clinical areas of need and to discuss clinical initiatives.
What we’re looking for in you:
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a complete understanding and wide application of neuromodulation principles and concepts. Applies a full understanding of area of specialization to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises authority and judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Plans and organizes non-routine tasks w/approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule and priorities. Plans and organizes project assignments and maintains project schedules.
- Works under general direction regarding the direction and progress of projects and special assignments. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Establishes and cultivates a wide range of business relationships to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects. May lead projects within the function or department and/or represents a specialized field in larger project teams. Influences middle management on business solutions.
- Represents organization as a prime contact with customers, KOLs and internal stakeholders. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Uses discretion, diplomacy and tact to resolve difficult situations. May escalate serious issues to manager.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Bachelors and Master’s Degrees in Science or Engineering required.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Minimum of 1 year project management and coaching or mentoring others.
- PhD in Science or Engineering.
Requisition ID: 483388
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.