Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
Reports to the Director of EA in Boston Scientific. He/She will focus on business capabilities, application/platforms/system architecture elements enterprise wide. Leads in the development of enterprise architecture Governance, standards, and innovation. Experience in applying enterprise architecture concepts in an agile environment. Applies advanced knowledge of the business and IT architecture principles to identify and evaluate alternatives solutions. Leads the selection of methodologies, tools, and components of total IT solutions. Provides guidance and support to implement complex architectural strategy and direction of multiple and diverse application / data/network disciplines on a variety of multi-platform systems. Develops business-system architecture plans and reviews cost and feasibility of system requests while ensuring the plan supports the strategic needs of the company. Interprets internal/ external business challenges and recommends best practices. Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions. Mentors other architects to build technical expertise.
Job responsibilities include:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Specific activities may change.
- Top down enterprise design with focus on business model, digital transformation and innovation i.e. collaborate with business owners, and technology leaders to draft the tech strategy, reflecting the corporate objectives/strategy
- IT Landscape design in the context of business capabilities of the organization supporting enterprise objective, cost and risk reduction
- Lead cross cutting enterprise solution design that span across multiple domains.
- Set strategic direction in alignment with the Business Strategy and Technology standards and provide thought leadership in the development of an enterprise strategic IT plan.
- Maintain a high level of awareness and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, as well as industry and bank issues, to effectively match them.
- Review and approve design solutions that best meet the business needs of the enterprise, with a primary focus on innovation.
- Provide thought leadership in new technology innovation, and incubation.
- Create reference architecture, capability models, and new IT roadmaps.
- Develop Enterprise Reference Architecture to promote a holistic global landscape.
- Define, explain, and advocate technology strategy, both applications and infrastructure.
- Work on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized architecture domains.
- Influence and contribute to global EA and IT strategic goals, maintaining awareness of the value stream, business capability map, and changes to architecture roadmaps. Guide the pragmatic alignment to global IT standards and EA principles.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or IT, or equivalent education and related training
- Recognized professional in their field of expertise. Likely to hold advanced degrees and/or contributed in the advancement of their area(s) of study outside the company and across industry
- 15+ years of architecture/design/delivery experience which includes 10 years of enterprise architecture experience or fifteen years’ solution architecture experience
- Comprehensive experience with various architectural domains such as application, data, infrastructure, security and integration
- Strong analytical and broad architectural skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation/facilitation skills
- Significant knowledge of current and emerging architecture principles, methodologies and tools
- Experience as negotiator with vendors for relevant products and services
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking with ability to differentiate feasible from academic solutions
- Demonstrated thought-leadership skills with the ability to translate high-level business planning information into application needs/solutions
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Requisition ID: 498290
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.