Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
Boston Scientific is seeking a highly motivated and versatile software development engineer to join our Digital Ventures team.
As a lead backend engineer, this individual will be hands-on with product development, mentor other engineers and lead technical discussion.
Your responsibilities include:
- Designs, develops, debugs, modifies, tests software programs using Java, Scripting and other current programming languages, methodologies and technologies
- Perform hands-on Java Development, adoption of modern software engineering & delivery practices using Java, Spring Boot REST/Microservices, AWS
- Mentor other engineers while raising the bar on the team’s discipline and technical perfection. Lead system architecture design discussion
- Documents software development and/or test development by writing documents, reports, memos, change requests. Methods used are determined by approved procedures and standards
- Tracks software development effort by creating and maintaining records in the approved tracking management tool.
- Solves engineering problems by analyzing the situation and recommending corrective or alternative actions
- Analyzes, evaluates, verifies requirements, software and systems by using software engineering practices
- Investigates, researches, selects software designs, operating systems and/or practices
- Continuously improves process and work methodologies by interfacing with peers/cross-functional groups and analyzing activities to improve workflow and work processes
- Directs support personnel and project activities
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects, uses discretion, diplomacy, and tact to resolve difficult situations & may need to escalate serious issues to manager
- Participates in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance, and offering counsel
What we’re looking for in you:
- 6 or more years relevant work experience
- 2 or more years as a tech lead
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience across full software development life-cycle including design, requirements, implementation, and test
- Strong development skills with databases and SQLs
- Practical experience working within an Agile/Scrum based environment
- Familiar with AWS services for example S3, ECS, EKS, MSK, VPC, RDS, etc
- Knowledge of big data technologies for example Hive, Spark, Presto, Map Reduce, Hude, etc.
- Knowledge of Kafka
- Docker and Kubernetes
Requisition ID: 495221
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.