Company Name: Mariano’s
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Demonstrate a love for food and passion for people while creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe and clean environment. Promote and deliver a shopping experience focused on providing customers with efficient service through hands-on knowledge of product and effective coordination and implementation of store price change information. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and implement price changes; ensure prices are correct and go into effect timely and consistently to maintain price control and integrity.
- Operate equipment (e.g., box cutter, knives, power jack, hand jack, tape gun, verification unit, scanner and register, scrubber, compactor, mop, broom and intercom system) according to company guidelines.
- Communicate and resolve price discrepancies and scan error forms with the manager, vendors and cashiers.
- Make/enter changes in computer systems, enter shelf tags and complete necessary paperwork.
- Conduct competitive temporary price reduction (TPR), display, ad coupon, and in-store deal price changes.
- Verify price accuracy on shelves and displays; return shelves and displays to their regular prices, update computer files/paperwork.
- Verify new items are flagged for tax and food stamps; ensure accurate descriptions and department information is entered into system.
- Follow proper signing and sticker application policies and respond to price checks.
- Verify prices on an ongoing basis using verification equipment and audits.
- Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Assist general team members as needed.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, turning, standing, reaching stooping/bending, walking, climbing ladders, squatting, kneeling, and lifting/carrying objects 6 to 72 lbs., and pushing/pulling objects 300 to 2500 lbs.; occasionally lift/carrying objects more than 72 lbs., crawl, climb ladders, walk on uneven ground, work above ground level and exposure to coolers (-20- 40o) and varying outdoor temperatures.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school education/GED or currently enrolled
- Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail/accuracy; basic math skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; takes initiative
- Friendly and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Ability to read/interpret documents
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs at Mariano’s: At Mariano’s, our values are rooted in the Midwest –we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It’s these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you’ll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL || Evergreen Park || 2559 West 95th Street || 60805 || Mariano’s || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None