Company Name: Roundy’s
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Coordinate the effective implementation of store price change information in order for management to maintain necessary price integrity and controls. Direct the work of the pricing clerks and resolve pricing discrepancies in collaboration with division Front End merchandiser, store director and department managers. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Operate equipment (e.g., scanner, register, computer, Point of Sale terminal, tape gun, markers, verification unit) according to company guidelines.
- Coordinate and implement price changes; ensure correct prices go into effect timely and consistently.
- Communicate/resolve price discrepancies and scan errors with department managers, vendors and cashiers.
- Make/enter changes in the computer system, shelf tags and all necessary paperwork.
- Coordinate/conduct price changes for displays, competitive ads, coupons, and in-store deals.
- Verify shelf/display price accuracy and return them to the correct price, update computer files and complete reports.
- Ensure new items price accurately and all necessary data is entered into computer files.
- Ensure that new items are flagged for tax, food stamps, and accurate description/department.
- Create and maintain at least one electronic copy of the store item file weekly.
- Coordinate/perform proper signing and sticker application.
- Ensure price check calls are responded to in a timely/consistently.
- Coordinate/conduct verification of prices regularly using verification equipment/audits.
- Inform division associates of potential pricing errors or inconsistencies.
- Plan, delegate and oversee work of associates; determine work needs and write effective labor schedules.
- Conduct performance evaluations, recommend disciplinary action, ensure proper training, and communicate/work with store director and Human Resources.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings; order supplies/forms; maintain organized/clean office and equipment.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state, and federal health code regulations; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management; follow all store and department policies and procedures.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently walking, reaching, sitting, standing, turning, lifting objects 10 to 25 lbs.; occasionally climb ladders.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills; self-directed
- Proficient operating a computer
Desired Previous Education:
- High school diploma/GED or currently enrolled
Education Level: Associates Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Metro Market: At Metro Market, our values are rooted in the Midwest –we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It’s these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you’ll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI || Menomonee Falls || N95 W18351 County Line Road || 53051 || Roundy’s || None || Pricing || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None