Requisition ID: 235239
Requisition Posting End Date: 07/16/2021
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation, and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Bechtel is seeking a TOP Coordinator for our MLP INCO Project, based in Salamanca. Minera Los Pelambres is an existing copper mine north of Santiago, Chile. Bechtel built the original project and subsequent expansions. Since 2016, Bechtel has been working on the development of a brownfield expansion of the existing copper concentrator that will add 40,000 tpd to its current production, and in September 2017 commenced the detailed engineering. The project also includes a 400-liter per second desalination plant and a 65-km, 24-inch water pipeline.
Evaluates, selects, and applies standard startup techniques, guidelines, procedures, and criteria using independent judgment in making adaptations and modifications. Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Performs startup assistance at the jobsite as directed.
- Performs work relative to startup, operation, or maintenance that involves conventional types of plans, procedures, tests, structures or equipment with relatively few complex features.
- Participates in one or more of the following:
- preparing component and system test procedures
- preparing maintenance and/or operating procedures
- reviewing designs or models for plant operability and safety
- directing component and system testing
- directing maintenance
- conducting walkdown of systems in conjunction with construction prior to system turnover from construction
- directing crafts and owner personnel in startup, plant/equipment operation, and/or maintenance
- Provides planning and scheduling input for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Reviews engineering and vendor documents for startup and operational requirements, notifies project engineering of problem areas, and may suggest possible solutions.
- Prepares startup field reports to identify system/component problems.
- Monitors construction activities that directly interface with assigned tasks for possible impact on startup or operating services activities.
- Coordinates vendor jobsite activities in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Performs other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of methods and techniques commonly employed in startup or plant or-equipment operation.
- Performs on-the-job training and development of people as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Technical knowledge of startup, operation, maintenance, or testing.
- Knowledge of engineering systems, applications of startup and operating services methods, and basic knowledge of application of computers to engineering problems.
- Basic knowledge of pertinent industry or regulatory standards.
- Basic skill in oral and written communication.
- The above is normally acquired through:
- A recognized degree in engineering or related scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, or
- Specialized courses in relevant general engineering or appropriate engineering disciplines, and
- Practical work experience in startup, operation, or other relevant experience in design engineering, construction, field engineering, or plant operation in industrial or process facilities.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to or call +1-800-749-2372 for assistance. Determinations on request for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Juntos formando el mañana
Bechtel es una de las empresas de ingeniería, construcción y gestión de proyectos más respetadas a nivel mundial. Junto con nuestros clientes, entregamos proyectos emblemáticos que fomentan el progreso y el crecimiento económico a largo plazo. Desde 1898, hemos completado más de 25.000 proyectos extraordinarios en 160 países de los siete continentes. Operamos a través de cuatro unidades de negocios globales: Infraestructura; Nuclear, Seguridad y Medio Ambiente; Energía; y Minería y Metales. Nuestra empresa y nuestra cultura se basan en más de un siglo de liderazgo y una adherencia incesante a nuestros valores, cuyo núcleo son la seguridad, la calidad, la ética y la integridad. Estos valores son lo que creemos, lo que esperamos, lo que entregamos y lo que vivimos.
Bechtel es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Todos los postulantes calificados serán considerados para su contratación sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad y expresión de género, edad, nacionalidad, discapacidad, estado de ciudadanía (según lo autorice la ley), estatus militar, información genética y cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley federal, estatal o local.
Postulantes en situación de discapacidad, que requieran de ajustes razonables para cualquier etapa del proceso de reclutamiento y contratación, pueden enviar su solicitud por correo electrónico a para recibir apoyo. Determinaciones referentes a los requerimientos de ajustes razonables serán revisados caso a caso.