Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Marcus Autism Center
Requisition #: 81828
Provides oversight and supervision to staff responsible for the daily operations of a practice(s) within Physician Practices. Solves complex practice problems, enhances operations, and identifies opportunities to improve practice. Proactively supports the efforts that ensure delivery of safe, timely and cost effective patient care and services in order to promote a safe environment at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, related field, or equivalent experience
- No professional certifications required
- Four years of experience in administrative or office management role
- Administrative experience in healthcare or physician practice setting
- Two years of experience in healthcare supervision or management
- Knowledge of electronic medical records
- Experience in budget/financial reporting
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent written/verbal and time management skills
- Independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to coach, train and hold others accountable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other Windows-based applications
- In partnership with Practice Leadership, manages daily operations of practice(s), ensuring that staff and processes are in place to meet the needs of the patient, customer, financials, and quality focus of the practice.
- Manages and leads a team including: interviewing, hiring, training, developing, directing work and processes, managing performance, recognizing and rewarding employees.
- Shares expectations and monitors staff performances of time and attendance, appropriate work behavior, productivity, internal and external customer service and overall performance.
- Coaches and mentors staff to include alignment of practice and productivity goals, sharing goal progress and working with the team on methods to improve.
- Consistently exhibits appropriate leadership behavior and holds self accountable to expectations.
- Supervises, compiles, analyzes and manages financial operations of the practice(s) by ensuring appropriate processes, resource management, budget planning, payroll and financial reports.
- Supports revenue cycle functions within the practice, including, but not limited to, insurance verification, authorization, coding, charge entry, work queues and denials reduction efforts.
- Effectively leads approved medium and large scale projects to enhance operations.
- Serves on special projects/committees or act as department representative as necessary.
- Performs other department-specific duties and other assignments as appropriate.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Not Present
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Not Present
Sitting – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Standing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1920 Briarcliff Road, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Administrative/Clerical Supp – Administrative/Clerical Supp