We are more than just one of the largest energy companies in the world. ExxonMobil is a place where we believe people should think independently, take initiative, grow to their full potential and help shape the future of energy. Diversity drives innovation and we are committed to providing inclusive workplaces where everyone can thrive, regardless of their background. The safety and wellbeing of our employees is at the heart of everything we do. We build skills and competencies through training and work experiences in a wide range of assignments. With a long history of industry leadership and cutting edge innovation, we are committed to addressing the dual challenge facing society today: to meet the world’s growing demand for energy while reducing environmental impacts, including the risk of climate change.
We are expanding our gas and power business, transitioning to a global trading organisation. To further capitalise on commercial insights, we are rapidly building our trading, origination & analytical capabilities to capture new assets and enter new market areas in Europe. We are looking for passionate individuals with an entrepreneurial mind-set to drive change in our business.
The current opportunity is for an experienced Power and Gas Fundamentals Analyst to join our Analytics team, as part of the Front office in our Europe Gas Optimization and Trading team, based in Leatherhead, Surrey.
We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan and private health care for employees and their families.
The closing date for this role is Friday 21st May 2021.
What role would you play within our team.
If successful you will take responsibility for understanding and analysing European wholesale gas and power market fundamentals, with a goal of capturing additional value & informing trading decisions. To achieve this, you will provide fundamental analysis, market expertise, statistical modelling and opportunity identification to support gas and power trading & origination activities. The key deliverables include:
- Strengthen gas and power fundamentals analysis across the Europe Gas Optimization and Trading organisation, working as part of the front-office Europe Analytics team
- Leverage detailed market understanding to recommend profitable trading & origination strategies
- Lead the development & improvement of analytical tools:
- Help with development and/or enhancement of analytical tools to improve insights from market fundamentals
- Help with implementation/transition of analytical tools and models to trading & origination teams
- Participate in interactions with internal & external developers and evaluate external tools/software for business application
- Remain knowledgeable about leading-edge developments, analytical techniques, technologies and tools in advanced analytics
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Be educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in a numeric discipline e.g. Engineering, Science, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics (or hold other relevant industry experience)
- Have previous experience in the European wholesale gas and power industry or related consultancy experience
- Be experienced in developing gas and power price forecasts within a trading/consultancy environment, to inform trading strategies
- Have experience in Europe gas and power fundamentals analysis & advanced analytical methods, including:
- Strong numerical, analytical and modelling skills
- Demonstrable analytical/innovative thinking expertise, intellectual rigor, drive, and desire to lead change
- Experience working with terminals, databases and analytical/visualisation tools
- Knowledge of data modelling
- Be able to demonstrate:
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- The ability to collaborate effectively with internal & external customers
- A creative approach to problem solving
- The ability to work with multi-cultural global teams
Proficiency with R, Python or Matlab would be beneficial (not essential)
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company’s safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.