No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 108842 – Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Colgate-Palmolive invites candidates to apply for the Postdoctoral Research Scientist (PDRS) position based at our Piscataway, NJ location. This is a two-year postdoctoral position.
The key responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Design and execute experiments to investigate micro-emulsion phase behavior in complex surfactant systems, build fundamental understanding, guide product development and advance project objectives
- Develop rapid and predictive methods for the stability & performance test of fragrance & active ingredients in consumer products using modern surfactant & colloid fundamentals with an emphasis on product rheology
- The systems of interests are fragrance or hydrophobic actives in Personal Care, Home Care, & Oral Care products and their interactions with other ingredients such as surfactants, polymers, amino acids, & particulates as well as these interactions in different product forms at use conditions
- Interpret and communicate complex experimental & theoretical results to both technical and non-technical business partners effectively
- The PDRS will use a variety of tools & characterization techniques to study & predict ingredient interactions in Colgate’s next generation products, and work closely with other early research and product development teams to gain insights on predicting product stability and performance
- The PDRS will also have the opportunity to present technical findings to internal R&D community & management teams, to present in external conferences, and to document findings in internal technical reports and/or external publications
- PhD in Surfactants, Colloid, or related interdisciplinary fields
- Highly knowledgeable and having extensive experience on surfactants, colloids, micro-emulsion, coacervation, and dispersion systems as well as ingredient interactions in such complex systems
- Have deep fundamental understanding and extensive hands-on experience on rheology, tensiometry, dynamic light scattering, electron microscopy, UV-vis spectroscopy, and separation techniques such as GC/HPLC
- Be able to initiate, think independently, and work effectively in a dynamic & cross functional working environment
- Be a self-motivated scientist who works well in a team environment with scientists and engineers holding a variety of different backgrounds, skills, and experiences
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills. Be able to communicate complex technical results effectively to technical and non-technical personnel in oral presentations and writing documentations
- Have a very strong record of peer-reviewed publications
- Preferably have experience and knowledge on using Surfactant Chemistry in Consumer Products and in joint projects with industry partners
Does this opportunity sound exciting for you? Do not miss the chance to join our amazing team! We’re waiting for you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.