You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine creating a place where tomorrow’s leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today’s students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
Click here to view our Team Member video!
Start Date: ASAP
Status: Full time
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 11am-8pm
Location: Ridley College, St. Catharines ON
Important Information: Previous food service experience and valid drivers license required. In this role you will assist in the preparation and cooking of various food items and maintain food safety and sanitation standards in the preparation and kitchen areas.
This position is a team orientated, full time associate.
Required to work efficient and on their own and provide thorough disinfection, efficient stocking processes, and orderly organization of product.
Associate is needed to transport product, deliver meals, and maintain timely delivery as requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clearing and cleaning dishes in dining rooms and catering events using an industrial dishwasher.
- Cleaning pots and pans in kitchen environment.
- Clearing, cleaning, and disinfecting dishracks, dishwasher, and all equipment and dish room areas.
- Cleaning, disinfecting, and maintaining a clear work area and equipment.
- Following principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment.
- Transferring supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Working in a large team environment where efficiency, time management, and speed of service are important.
- Providing exceptional, courteous, and friendly service.
- Sweeping/mopping of floors as needed.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Kitchen Helpers? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Physical ability to walk up and down stairs multiple times during duration of shift.
- A valid driver’s license is essential for this role.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.