When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
Working under the direction of the Resolution Services Manager, the Senior Representative will work to achieve the goals of handling all aspects of updating and maintaining special policies. The Senior Representative will provide customer service to policyholders who have special settlements and niche products with the Company, this includes providing a superior level of customer service care when answering standard to complex questions received through phone, emails or in writing. They will work with members of the team to provide timely, efficient and accurate service to policyholders and employees of related service teams. The Senior Representative will be expected to follow procedures as outlined in the departmental procedures SharePoint site as well as one-on-one training.
- Processing service requests including calculations, surrenders, dividends, loans, refunds, beneficiary and ownership changes for settlement, complaint and niche policies with a sense of urgency
- Review policy/contract provisions, supporting documents, Company records and procedures
- Handle death claim liabilities to ensure that all servicing and processing are handled accurately
- Review payments for variances to ensure accounts are balanced and correct any out-of-balance accounts
- Handling of phone calls for the area’s customer service number (roughly 5+ per day)
- 1+ years Customer Service experience and/or accounting preferred
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to handle difficult customers in a professional and positive manner
- Analyst must be experienced MS Office Suite and be willing and able to learn a number of new systems
- Must possess an ability and willingness to satisfy demanding clients and a focus on customer care in all actions.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills are required and must possess a high degree of attention to detail
- Individual must be available to work 9:00 – 5:00pm EST
Please note: This role requires FINRA licensed and/or FINRA Associated Person pre-hire fingerprinting.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.J
Job Requisition ID: 83565