Job ID: 120121
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Location: India- Pune (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
At Amdocs, our purpose is to enrich lives and progress society. With our creativity and technology, we help make a better connected world. Amdocs and its 25,000 employees serve the leading players in the communications and media industry, enabling next-generation experiences in 85 countries. Our cloud-native, open and dynamic portfolio of digital solutions, platforms and services brings greater choice, faster time to market and flexibility, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers as they drive growth, transform and take their business to the cloud. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.1 billion in fiscal 2019. For more information, visit Amdocs at http://www.amdocs.com
In one sentence
The Innovation Expert Establishes ongoing exchange with external ecosystem partners in industry & academia and internal (Business Units) to help solve business challenges faced by customers/ business units across Amdocs while keeping abreast of the latest happenings around the Technology and neighborhood supplementing environment. Fully assist in building a culture of Innovation within the organization while connecting with the stakeholders starting from the Head of Business Units to the developers of Amdocs India. Serves as a trusted advisor to the program/project manager and assumes both execution and responsibilities of specific areas in innovation
What will your job look like?
- Be a part of the high-performance innovation team at Amdocs India – Design and takes complete ownership of Innovation Projects across India in alignment with Global Innovation Team/Strategy, defining project resources, performance reviews and post implementation evaluations.
- Supports practice development initiatives, extensively with India Leadership Team, Business Unit Leaders – Local and Global, serving as a trusted advisor – Co-develop/Co-create industry / business propositions that leverage Amdocs technology and IP to respond to the industry challenges
- Establish best in class absorption of innovation practices from external industry and Execute best practices within Amdocs India, coordinate with business unit champions to enable implementation of various initiatives and cross pollinate best practices across units
- Has knowledge of service offerings in the innovation domain. Understands the business challenges faced by the unit leaders, develops programs in collaboration with clients, providing consulting and advisory services
- Coordinate with various stakeholders on alignment, monitoring and control of innovation projects, ensuring all project components have been woven into a compelling story.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning at a project level
- Identify, develop and/or manage the creation of a variety of content types – written, videos, product demos, presentations, etc. – as needed to drive program success.
- Collaborate with top academic institutes for joint research, conferences, publications & even coming up with joint offerings
- Maintain knowledge currency (trends and business/operating models) and an understanding of the digital business paradigm at a business level
- Meet with and conduct workshops, deliver speaking engagements at executive level, typically engaging at Manager, Director and Exec level.
- Ensure that the project is executed correctly, and that the work is executed as per the charter to meet the KPIs and Planned deliverables
- Tracks and raises risks regarding any deviations from the plan and supports the program and project governance
All you need is…
- Well versed with innovation techniques/methodologies including design thinking, rapid prototyping & incubation, IP generation & protection, process innovation, etc.
- General business acumen and knowledge of key technology events/trends, with an emphasis on the start-up eco system in India.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to both develop relationships and formerly present findings and recommendations at executive and C-level
- Excellent influencing skills, effective stakeholder management with successful track record of working collaboratively across matrix teams.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in project management, project planning, budgets and methodologies.
- Software Development Life Cycle experience (a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS/E&C/IT Engineering (a must) & MBA (a plus)
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in the IT industry
Why you will love this job:
You can serve as the project focal point, and directly give customer happiness.
You will be able to use your specific insights into variety of projects to overcome technical challenge while continuing to deepen your area of knowledge.
You will have the opportunity to work in multinational environment for the global market leader in its field!
We offer a wide range of stellar benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as paid time off, sick time, and parental leave!
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce