EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that seeks to motivate, to inspire, and to provide growth opportunities to its employees. If you are looking to join a team like ours, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The Platform Systems Administrator reports directly to the Stacks Product Owner/Solution Manager. This position is responsible for providing first level technical and administrative support to all EBSCO colleagues, partners & customers to ensure the effective resolution of issues and inquiries. Additionally, this position is responsible for working with internal stakeholders and teams to ensure the definition of needs, recommendation of solutions, ongoing implementation and management of assigned activities and deliverables related to the Systems as defined by the business needs, including but not limited to Analytics, SSP and eCommerce platforms. This position requires strong technical, quality assurance, analytical and relationship skills, time management skills, multitasking, process orientation and an inquisitive, ‘can do’ attitude.
What You Will Do
- Provide functionality and technical support for the Systems for end users (i.e. trouble shooting technology issues; system usage concerns, etc.).
- Work with internal teams to consult on system functionality, recommending solutions to ensure that all requirements and needs such as reporting, compliance requirements, etc., are met.
- Work with internal learning professionals to understand business needs and make recommendations to leverage system functionality.
- Maintain the Systems, including the creation of new or modification of existing configurations.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from teams and provide assistance and issues resolution within SLA.
- Research and resolve functionality issues, including monitoring problems/usage, identifying trends, investigating solutions, providing resolution, and generating reports.
- Understand, recommend, manage and improve upon standards developed for the Systems.
- Identify and document change requests for consideration.
- Recommend, develop and distribute ad hoc and standard reports to stakeholders as requested. Gather and document requirements, develop, test and deliver new reports as required to ensure data meets business needs.
- Perform maintenance/data integrity activities, including system audits, annual system data cleanups, and manual user profile/learning history updates.
- Work closely and collaboratively to address inquiries and escalations with different departments, vendors and resources.
- Facilitate requests, provide consulting on system functionality to address presenter’s needs, perform moderation support during and post sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of administrative experience in a technology-based delivery, customer service, fast paced, team environment.
- Completed post-secondary education in Computer or Data Science and/or relevant qualifications & demonstrated experience administering similar platforms
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels within the organization with a client focused mindset.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to analyze problems, identify and implement solutions.
- Ability to work independently with demonstrating experience owning work and delivering quality.
- Results-oriented, with the ability to complete assignments on time and manage multiple priorities concurrently, while delivering quality work.
- A proactive and solutions-oriented mindset.
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience with SSP, eCommerce, Analytics/BI platforms an asset.