Requisition Number: 52334
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The purpose of this position is:
- Tends automatic equipment that conveys metal objects through series of cleaning, rinsing, and plating solutions to plate objects.
- Observes plating operation to insure conformance with company standards.
This position includes significant duties such as:
- Prepare all process equipment to start plating operations.
- Add and maintain chemicals on the plating line by following the chemical add sheet from the chemical lab and record data on the chemical add sheet.
- Perform minor trouble shooting on the plating line.
- Place parts in automatic and/or semi-automatic plating process baths to go through a series of cleaning, rinsing, drying and various chemical applications to required specifications.
- Make minor computer program adjustments to ensure continuous operation on the plating line.
- Conduct periodic quality control checks on plated surfaces as required in the various plating applications.
- Record amounts of parts processed through the plating line on a daily production sheet.
- Operate hand and full size forklifts in a safe and efficient manner as required to move pallets of parts to assigned locations.
- Assist in maintaining proper inventory of necessary supplies and equipment.
- Maintain safety and quality standards by using acceptable housekeeping practices on equipment and work area.
- Maintain good verbal and written communication with lead person/supervisor concerning problems, especially as related to plating processes.
- Frequent average lifting on a daily basis. Some exposure to elements of chemicals, oils, noise and wetness, somewhat disagreeable.
- High School or General Education Diploma
This position does not include imigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.