What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it. We manufacture corrugated packaging product for local and national customers.
We currently have openings for entry level Production Workers at our Montgomery, Illinois facility starting at $17.76/hour. However, wages can increase up to $24.25/hour after successful completion of the probationary period, department, and qualifications. Off shifts are also offered a shift differential (2nd shift – $0.26/hour, 3rd shift – $0.33/hour).
We are looking for motivated individuals who are capable of performing a multitude of functions in a flexible, fast paced production environment. Our workplace requires individuals who understand the needs of the business while maintaining a focus on safety, customer satisfaction, quality and productivity.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Running machines,
- Reading orders,
- Accurately reading tape measures, gauges and other test equipment,
- Utilizing basic shop math,
- Inspecting, counting and stacking product,
- Accurately completing quality and administrative documents and following directions
Preferred minimum qualifications for consideration are:
- A high school degree (or equivalent experience)
- Two years of work experience in a manufacturing environment with at least one year with the same employer
- Highly qualified candidates would possess manufacturing experience in the corrugated industry
- The hiring process for successful candidates will include a pre-employment aptitude test and team interview
Candidates must be willing to work alternative shifts, weekends, and overtime as required.
- 2nd shift – 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm / 3:00 pm to 3:00 am / 11:00 am to 11:00 pm
- 3rd shift – 11:00 pm to 7:00 am / 11:00 pm to 11:00 am / 7:00 pm to 7:00 am
- Voluntary Vision
- Life and Disability
- 401-K( with company matching contributions)
- Pension Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Educational Reimbursement (after 1 year of employment, annual maximum of $5,250)
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.