Requisition Number: 48902
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Scope of Position:
Ensures entity compliance with local regulations, GAAP accounting principles, and Corning policies and procedures. Leads plant closing process and ensures reporting is timely and accurate. Responsible for review of reconciliations and the analysis of expenses to ensure financial accuracy. Complete monthly and annual plant forecasting and long-term analysis. Key resource for plant personnel on all plant financial metrics and how operations impact results. Responsible for driving financial results and ensuring all financial compliance and accuracy.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Lead the finance function, and be a key member and decision maker of the management staff
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of accounting activities, including fixed asset management, inventory valuation, product costing, period reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and overall asset and liability control
- Analyze and report on key plant operational and accounting metrics.
- Present plant financial performance to individuals and groups at all levels and departments.
- Proactively utilize business partnership skills to move the plant to better cost understanding and higher profitability
- Implement and ensure business adherence to internal finance controls including data and reporting standards and compliance (Sarbanes Oxley regulations and external audits)
- Provide finance expertise and decision support to business leaders in support of the division strategy
- Identify and assess the financial implications (ROI, IRR & Payback) of capital investments.
- Drive process improvement initiatives and support engineering in identifying and calculating Cost Reduction opportunities for various projects / initiatives
- Actively participate in the development of the site’s total safety culture
- Drive process improvement within finance function: document existing processes (SOP’s) and seek improvement opportunities to reduce complexity
- Fundamental understanding on plant / product costs
- Ability to take on various ad-hoc responsibilities as required
- Source, select, and develop talent to support global and entity Finance talent needs
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (4 years) in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 8-10 years of relevant experience; preferable Manufacturing/Cost Accounting experience
- Controller experience (within or outside Corning) desired
- Proven knowledge of US GAAP
- Proven knowledge of financial and management accounting, including systems, compliance and reporting requirements (US GAAP, SOX)
- Cost Modeling
- Inventory control and management
- Capital Investment Management
- Manufacturing variance analysis and reporting
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Adept at interacting and communicating with all aspects of the business, including US and international managers
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to develop influential relationships with business leaders (business partnership) and be creative in providing financial solutions to them
- Self-motivated; ability to act on initiative
- Culturally sensitive
- Ambitious and aspires to grow professionally
- Able to work and communicate with individuals at all levels to accomplish objectives
- Able to lead accounting team and drive financial results for the plant
- Able to manage through ambiguity and perform in fast past environment
- Proven ability to embrace and drive change
- Ability to challenge decisions and provide alternative recommendations
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.