|City:||Camden, SC, United States|
|Location:||Camden Plant – CSP Services (SC13)|
Who We Are:
Canfor – a leading integrated forest products company and one of the world’s largest producers of sustainable lumber, pulp and paper – is a recognized employer of choice and an exciting place to grow your career.
We have an established presence in the southern US and in Western Canada, as well as sales offices around the world, and are proud of our committed team of over 6,500 employees.
Reporting to the Regional Controller and the Plant Manager, the Controller will be responsible for month-end closing for the mill operation in addition to providing accurate decision-making information that will support the mill management and the Wood Products Management teams.
The mill Controller’s main focus is providing the mill management team with relevant historical and forward-looking financial/statistical analysis and information and participating in decisions that enhance the mill’s profitability. The role supports the CSP Finance team in ensuring that appropriate systems, policies and procedures, and internal controls are in place for the timely and accurate completion of the monthly financial closes, weekly cost reporting, monthly and quarterly forecasts, annual business plans and capital processes.
- Monthly financial close for the mill, including all journal entries and facilitating the monthly inventory
- Review of mill operational financial statements and reports (including mill KPIs)
- Work with mill management to establish, monitor and ensure operational forecast and budget are achieved
- Partner with mill management team to drive cost improvements and achieve financial objectives
- Prepare capital AFEs while considering financial impact, project benefits and risks
- Prepare weekly cost tracking and KPI reports for review with mill management
- Undergraduate degree in related fields from an accredited university
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting
- Proficiency in ERP systems, BI tools, and MS Office applications
- Methodical, organized, and structured in work habits
- Focused on efficiency and seeks continuous improvement in current process
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
As we continue to expand our company and our markets, now is the ideal time to grow your career with Canfor. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees. Join Canfor for the stability, exciting career opportunities and growth potential while working for a recognized industry leader.
Camden, South Carolina
Camden is one of South Carolina’s fastest-growing towns and is dedicated to an enhanced quality of life. Legendary for its equestrian history, this vibrant but affordable community features southern charm and a relaxing atmosphere, and its residents take great pride in its 250 years of heritage. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/camden-sc