Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
This req is for the CORE Planning Team Planning Engineer I position. The individual in this role will be responsible for planning network optimization projects streamlining the network and resulting in network savings. The planner will also be expected to work effectively with an array of internal stakeholders that own conception to implementation of these projects… In a strong team environment, the planner will take various opportunities, validate, verify, plan and kick off projects for Project Management and Network Implementation.
The Main Responsibilities
- Competent in analyzing, validating and planning using varying data skills and techniques.
- Ability to learn current network configuration and technology to ensure efficiency of the planned projects.
- Prepares status/progress reports and updates management on projects. May participate in development of reports under general supervision.
- Capable of developing, implementing and maintaining procedures and process improvements.
- May participate in cross functional teams to better understand the architecture and operations of the network with periodic supervision.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Experience: 2+ yrs
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Field Of Study: Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science or related fields
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Basic Network Communication and Telecommunication knowledge preferred
- Strong data/fiscal analysis skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with an intense focus on quality
- Proven track record as adept and effective project manager
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and communications skills
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Access, Visio and SQL
- Positive and professional attitude, appearance, and demeanor
- Solid entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in an engineering role that included a substantial business/financial focus (preferred)
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 248620
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.