PRN/Flex- Outpatient- Westlake Office
Performs specific job responsibilities:
- Provides patient care based upon therapist evaluation and plan of care and takes into consideration the patient’s age and level of development when implementing treatment programs and assisting with changes in treatment goals.
- Coordinates patient care and clinical activities through written and/or verbal communication with patients, families, therapists, Clinical Team Leaders, mangers and other members of the health care team.
- Documents in the patient’s medical record and completes other patient care-related forms in compliance with regulatory agencies and department/hospital policies and procedures.
- Supervises and collaborates with support staff, volunteers and students to achieve efficient clinical activity and quality patient care.
- Participates in other patient care and department/professional activities as requested/assigned including but not limited to presenting/attending inservices, performance improvement, program development/evaluation, new employee orientation, committee membership, peer review and attending staff meetings
Helping patients regain their strength and return to their daily routines calls for a touch of inspiration, professional expertise, and the tools to build a personalized rehabilitation plan. You’ll find them all at Carilion Clinic, a community-based healthcare network that includes seven hospitals, multi-specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions.
Based in Roanoke, Virginia, we invite you to play an important role as we inspire optimal health through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. Join our Joint Commission-accredited, award-winning organization, and learn how collaborating with a regional leader cited for clinical and workplace excellence can improve the quality of your career experience with extensive training, advancement potential, and state-of-the-art technology.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant program.
Experience: Experience in site specific level of care preferred but none required.
Licensure/Certification: Licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Other: Effective interpersonal, communication, customer service and teamwork skills required. CPR certified within six months of employment.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 77998
Employment Status: Flex
Location: Westlake Outpatient Therapy
Shift Details: M-F varying days and hours
Recruiter: CHRISTOPHER D FITZGERALD
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.