Company Name: Roundy’s
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Demonstrate a passion for people while creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe and clean environment. Promote and deliver a shopping experience focused on providing customers with efficient service through hands-on knowledge of Pharmacy products. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, performing price checks, load/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Process customer transactions in a quick and efficient manner.
- Obtain new and refill prescription information from customers; prepare insurance claim forms.
- Assist pharmacists with receiving and processing physicians’ orders and dispense medications.
- Verify and enter prescription details into the computer to update patient medical records.
- Retrieve, count and measure drugs/compounds, mix medications and prepare labels according to state law.
- Operate equipment (e.g., scanner, register, scale, coupon machine, intercom, telephone, and compactor) according to company guidelines.
- Order, stock and store medications and other pharmacy-related items.
- Assist pharmacists with training/continuing education of pharmacy clerks and other technicians.
- Maintain a working knowledge and consistently execute Pharmacy standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently using the hands to handle, finger or feel objects, tools or controls, reaching with hands/arms, talking, hearing, sitting and close vision, depth perception and adjusting focus, lifting/carrying objects 10 to 55 lbs., walking on uneven ground, turning, standing, and stooping/bending; occasionally lift/move objects more than 60 lbs., and push/pull objects up to 550 lbs., climbing ladders.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- Must be 18 years of age
- High school diploma/GED; working on Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) certification
- Effective interpersonal/customer service skills
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Basic algebra and geometry skills (e.g., calculate circumferences, volume)
- Ability to read/interpret documents (e.g., training manuals)
- Ability to speak effectively to groups of customers/associates
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) certification
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs at Metro Market: At Metro Market, our values are rooted in the Midwest –we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It’s these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you’ll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI || Mequon || 11558 N. Port Washington Road || 53092 || Roundy’s || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Pharmacy; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || Pharmacy Board License