Company Name: Kroger Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
As an associate of Kroger, the basic objective of your position is to highly satisfy our customers by providing exceptional customer service in a safe and clean environment to ensure the customer’s return visit. We accomplish this in many ways including, but not limited to; treating our customers/employees in a fair and ethical manner, promoting an inclusive work environment, being a responsible member of the community, providing the right products at the right time with fair and accurate pricing. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for efficiently managing the pharmacy, thus achieving weekly, period and annual sales and profit budgets for that department.
- Responsible for training and coaching associates within the department to effectively perform their job duties at a satisfactory or above level. This includes responsibility for proper assessment and documentation for technicians.
- Develop a back-up who is promotable and capable of running the department in the absence of the department manager.
- Responsible for writing weekly work schedules and follow through to insure that the department has sufficient staff to cover the schedule.
- Responsible for inventory, shrink and CAO maintenance where applicable.
- Ensures Coordination of all ordering of merchandise and supplies on schedule from Division warehouse and authorized D.S.D. suppliers. Follows through on Division sales plans, making sure ample merchandise is ordered to support sales and advertising plans.
- Ensures freshness of product by closely adhering to rotation and dating policy.
- Ensures proper order check-in. Responsible for training the clerks working within the department to follow proper order check-in procedures. Reports all discrepancies immediately, and follows through to receive proper credit from Cardinal or Peyton.
- Follow through with all paperwork to ensure proper handling of transferred merchandise, and inventory control.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment, and communicating all equipment that is in disrepair with store management as soon as such is noticed or identified.
- Operates within the control of government regulatory agencies, federal, state, and local, in accordance with guidelines set forth by the Division policies and procedures.
- Attends weekly store board meetings with Store Management to review merchandising, sales planning and operating problems; keeps all associates informed about matters that concern them on their jobs.
- Makes a strong and continuous personal effort to broaden one’s knowledge or skill to demonstrate and increasingly high order of leadership.
- Seeks counsel and guidance of Store Manager/Unit Director and Division management staff departments to achieve required results.
- Responsible for maintaining manual workstation concept, using work flow aids to achieve an efficient working environment.
- Dispense medications to customers pursuant to prescriptions and following laws, regulations, policies, procedures and ethical standards.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be a licensed Pharmacist in good standing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Excellent Planning and Organizational skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy is a must
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Management experience preferred
- Pharmacy experience
- Retail experience
Education Level: Pharmacy Degree (BS-Pharmacy/PharmD) Required
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IN || Fort Wayne || 4120 N Clinton St || 46805 || Kroger Stores || None || Pharmacy || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || Pharmacy Board License