Location: LOC_KARABOTS-Care Network-Karabots
Req ID: 129013
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
Responsible for all aspects of inventory management of immunizations and medications in one or more ambulatory locations.
1. Responsible for ordering, receiving, storage, and inventory of all immunizations, including VFC (Vaccine for Children) stock and privately ordered stock.
- Ordering: full inventory replacement every 28 days
- Receiving: unpack and storage large volumes of vaccine, maintaining cold chain
- Storage: maintaining organized, temperature controlled environment consistent with vaccine storage recommendations. Responsible for Lot Management in Epic and twice daily temperature documentation, preparedness for and management of temperature excursions
- Inventory: Maintaining vaccine inventory in medication room refrigerators and freezers. Tracking and reporting vaccine waste
- Preparation for annual VFC audit and re-enrollment
2. Responsible for ordering, receiving, storage and inventory of all medications
- Ordering: monitor par levels and order to maintain supply
- Receiving: unpack and store medications
- Storage: ensure organized storage, monitor expiration dates
- Inventory: maintain inventory in medications rooms
- Prescription Reconciliation: resolve issues with pharmacy-supplied medications dispensed in clinic
3. Responsible for compliance to all federal, state, and department standards and regulations for vaccinations and medications
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
- Graduate of an approved Pharmacy Technician Program
- College Graduate
- Vaccine for Children (VFC) inventory management strongly encouraged
- Experience with medication or vaccine inventory oversight
- Familiarity with Epic (Electronic Medical Record)
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
Additional Technical Requirements
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146