With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Permanent Remote work options are available for candidates outside of the local area.
As a Payroll Technician, you will be responsible for processing all aspects of our global, multi pay organization of over 7,000 employees.
What You Will Do:
- Prepares, enters and processes all aspects of payroll for all payroll frequencies, including auditing, and reconciling for 1000+ employee base.
- Responsible for entering, reviewing, and auditing all payroll changes including voluntary deductions, 401k loans, Federal and State tax withholding elections, and garnishments.
- Researches and resolves out of balance conditions.
- Responds to employee, Manager and HR inquiries regarding payroll related issues in a timely manner, adhering to department expectations for written and verbal communication.
- Balances and reconciles taxes against payroll registers.
- Balances and reconciles payroll registers to funding invoices, journal entries, and GL accounts.
- Generates manual or off-cycle checks as needed for terminations, payroll adjustments, and special pays.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding union contracts, company policies, and relevant local, state and federal laws to ensure compliance with pay and deduction related items.
- Balances and validates payroll information for quarter-end and year-end filings, recommending and making adjustments as needed.
- Prepares and validates monthly accruals such as payroll and payroll tax accruals.
- Validates taxable amounts for international employees.
- Processes more complex pay types (bonuses, taxable fringe benefits).
- Maintains various control documents to ensure accurate payroll processing.
- Make use of available systems to efficiently generate various periodic reports.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance including timeliness and advanced notice of time off requests.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree; OR High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 5 years of experience working with computerized payroll systems to include 2 years of payroll processing, multi-state environment and 3 years of experience working with state and federal payroll regulations reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Candidates are required to complete a credit check for this position; the results do not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment but will be individually evaluated to determine if the results disqualify the candidate for employment in such position.
- Experience using discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel, including basic Pivot Tables and vLookup function.
- Required to work overtime when necessary.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using hours and minutes (hh:mm).
What Will Set You Apart:
- 5 years of experience working with state and federal payroll regulations reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience with processing payroll in a union environment.
- CPP/FPC preferred.
- Skilled in the use of a 10-key by touch.
- Advanced Excel, ADP Vantage Payroll and Kronos timekeeping experience.
- In depth knowledge of payroll tax reporting and requirements, and state and federal payroll regulations.
- Experience working under pressure, meeting aggressive deadlines and making effective and sound decisions.
- Highly organized and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of payroll practices and regulations related to compensation, wage & hour laws, taxes, garnishments, 401K and section 125 deductions.
- Skilled in reading, analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Skilled in writing reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Skilled in effectively presenting information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, peers, and other employees of the organization.
- Skilled in solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Skilled in interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Skilled in applying concepts of basic algebra.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 82681
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.