Requisition ID: 243020
Requisition Posting End Date: 01/29/2022
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investments, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethnics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
The Payroll Senior Processor is responsible for daily activities associated with timely and accurate production of weekly union and non-union payrolls in the U. S. and monthly payrolls in the Americas regions using the enterprise SAP system. This position will work closely with project locations and Labor Relations Department.
- Ensure employee records include the required master data information such as bank details, federal and state tax withholding, allowances, and garnishments as applicable.
- Upload and balance daily time files from assigned projects.
- Process adjustments and or corrections as necessary.
- Audit payroll results by verifying manually entered transactions.
- Create electronic disbursement bank files and/or check print files to assigned projects.
- Balance outbound files and generate payroll reports to downstream systems or other departments.
- Provide wage and tax withholding information to Payroll Tax for filing/remittance.
- Create and upload the payroll recording of gross to net journal entries to Oracle general ledger.
- Run post payroll reports.
- Process employment verifications.
- Set up third party payments for garnishments, payroll related insurances, and union fringe benefits.
- Participate in system testing of issues and/or changes required in the payroll system as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting, Finance or Business and 3 years of applicable Finance work experience or in lieu of a degree 5 years of related experience.
- Ability to effectively organize work activities to meet daily and weekly deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- SAP HCM (HR or Payroll) experience.
- Familiar with journal entry process in Oracle Financial.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s general ledger and chart of accounts.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Self-starter able to use sound business judgment in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Ability to work on MS-Excel for various ad-hoc analysis activities.
- CPP certification a plus.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.