Work Schedule/Days: Variable / Variable
Employment Type: PRN
Requisition #: 75801
Provides support to patients, staff, physicians, and administration. Assists with patient care needs, maintains a clean and safe environment, performs patient transport and courier functions. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 30 days of employment
- No minimum experience required
- Computer skills, including internet and Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- In clinical areas, must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment
- Transports patients to and from other departments to the assigned department in a safe and efficient manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge regarding guidelines for infection control, body substance precautions, patient safety, and body mechanics and maintains acceptable standards set by those guidelines.
- Assists in keeping room/bed turnover time to a minimum by transporting patients to rooms in a time-effective manner.
- Maintains inventory for assigned department by stocking exam rooms or other areas necessary for delivering safe and efficient patient care.
- Supports and participates in the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care and services.
- Carries a pager or cell phone to maintain contact at all times and responds to calls or pages in a timely manner.
- Maintains wagon and wheelchair inventory for assigned area when not transporting.
- Documents each patient contact in a timely manner on transport log (if required in area).
- Serves as a service excellence role model for other Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta staff.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Walking – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Definite potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Function: Family Support Services – Family Support Services