Work Schedule/Days: Day / Variable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition #: 84961
Assesses, plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates patient family education teaching materials to meet needs of patients, families, and staff. Supports efforts to help ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta through patient education and documentation.
- Bachelor of Science in nursing, allied health, or related field
- Current Georgia licensure
- Five years of experience in pediatrics
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- One year of experience in patient/family and/or staff development education
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel/Access and Epic
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Expertise with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Collects information related to patient family education needs, analyzes issues and trends, and validates/prioritizes organizational needs.
- Incorporates research and evidence-based practice.
- Plans, designs, and develops learning activities using adult learning concepts and instructional design principles to build staff competency for delivery of patient family education and documentation. Incorporates principles of project management and facilitation in patient family education initiatives.
- Coordinates activities and resources to achieve desired results.
- Communicates closely with director/manager/team to ensure consistency in design and implementation where appropriate.
- Provides consultation to facilitate change and enhance department and system goals with shared decision making councils, system committees, interdisciplinary teams, leaders, and stakeholders.
- Incorporates ethics into practice, maintains confidentiality, ensures cultural sensitivity, and supports family-centered care.
- Assists in development and implementation of activities designed to meet Joint Commission and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting, and ensures educational programs are aligned with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta’s vision and strategic plan.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
No potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Function: Nursing – Nursing-Non Bedside