Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Support I
Requisition #: 84230
Provides customer service support to guarantors and other third parties regarding issues related to patient accounts. Works in partnership with other members of the team to provide quality service to proactively support efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- No professional certifications required
- 2 years of experience in healthcare, hospital, and physician billing
- 1 year of experience in automatic call distribution/call center environment
- Some college
- 2 years of experience in insurance billing and/or collections with a general knowledge of hospital business office functions
- Knowledge of key Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta patient accounting applications, e.g., EPIC Resolute, Dentrix Dental, Clearinghouse, or comparable system
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Must have excellent telephone communication skills
- Demonstrated skill in complaint resolution and de-escalation of irate customers
- Strong knowledge of various types of business office functions, including refunds, adjustments, cash posting, collections, and billing
- Knowledge of various insurance plans and hospital and physician claim types
- General personal computer and data entry skills
- Working knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act privacy requirements
- Answers all inbound and makes outbound customer service calls.
- Takes appropriate action on incoming calls to resolve billing and payment issues voiced by guarantors and other third parties.
- Places outbound calls for self-pay balance collections, adhering to applicable laws and regulations for collecting debt.
- Escalates guarantor issues for resolution as appropriate to team lead, supervisor, and/or manager.
- Supports and participates in the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of services provided.
- Behaves in a cordial, polite, friendly, and respectful manner to all customers.
- Interfaces with all other patient accounting departments to facilitate timely resolution of guarantor complaints.
- Documents all communication with guarantor and other third parties in a precise and efficient manner.
- De-escalates irate callers to help resolve customer complaints and ensure excellent customer service.
- Demonstrates customer is always right philosophy.
- Works all patient and insurance correspondence appropriately.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Standing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
No potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1575 Northeast Expressway, Bldg 1, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Revenue Cycle – Patient Financial Services