With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Under minimum supervision, takes and tests grape sugar samples operates machinery and transports samples to the lab for analysis.
• Drives to grower vineyards to take samples and accurately record location and sugar values of grapes.
• Operates the Juice refractometer and collects samples for lab analysis.
• Performs basic data gathering and entry in field and at workstation.
• Examines grapes for breakout of pest and disease i.e. vine health and damage from pests, Powdery Mildew, Botrytis, etc.
• Transports juice samples to the winery lab for analysis.
• Takes direction and reports to Grower Relations.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
• This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
• High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
• Required to be 18 years of age or older.
• Required to work day-shift and overtime if necessary.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
• Required to travel by automobile to various sites.
• Required to use own reliable vehicle to conduct job functions.
• Required to walk through vineyards to collect grape samples.
• Required to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
• Experience reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Experience writing routine reports and correspondence.
• Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Experience solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Experience interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to the following:
Exposure to work near moving mechanical parts.
Exposure to outside weather conditions.
Job Posting ID: 79621
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.